On 22 April 2022, enter into force changes in the documents on direct debit.
1. We introduced the following amendments in the Direct Debit Rules for clients (recipients):
- we brought their provisions into line with the requirements of the Interbank Agreement of 1 June 1998 on Direct Debit (as amended):
- we added the option allowing the recipient to initiate direct debit where consent was given by the payer (consumer, within the meaning of the Civil Code) without a need to activate the consent in the payer’s account beforehand,
- the first transaction is debited from the account of the payer (consumer) and treated as a default consent to direct debit given by the payer (consumer) in the payer’s bank,
- pursuant to the Act on Payment Services, we introduced a 13-month time limit for refund of unauthorised direct debit on the payer’s (consumer’s) demand,
- we updated the GDPR clauses in the templates of direct debit agreements.
2. We updated the Rules for Execution of Settlements in the Form of Direct Debit for clients (payers). We added links to the consent form, refund form and consent withdrawal form.
The consolidated versions are available at this page.