mBank in numbers
bank in Poland in terms of total assets
active users of mobile banking
mBank Mobility icon for all client groups
mBank has been a synonym for innovative banking solutions for years. We were the first fully Internet-based bank in Poland and today we set the direction of the mobile and online banking development. We are one of the strongest and fastest growing financial brands in Poland, listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange since 1992.
Strategy of mBank Group for 2021-2025
In the strategy for 2021-2025 titled "From an icon of mobility, to an icon of possibility", we will focus on 5 areas:
- Retail banking
- E-commerce segment
- Corporate banking
- Technology, security and data
- Employees and organisation culture
We have also developed a new ESG agenda focused on our responsibility for climate, society and financial health of our clients.
Values of mBank Group
We understand the needs of our clients and deliver our solutions of top quality based on co-operation and good relations with clients.
looking to the future
We are open for change and innovation, and we look for solutions which stay boldly ahead of the curve.
We promote a simple, understandable approach to communication with clients. Thus, we respect time of our clients.
We aspire to achieve our objectives, which is how we contribute to the development of the organization and create stakeholder value.
We focus on knowledge and competences, which is reflected in a professional approach to work and continuous search for opportunities to grow.
What makes us stand out
mBank Group's history
- mBank provides corporate clients with Apple Pay
- Foreign investment funds for investors available in mBank’s offer
- Junior account mobile application is created
- mBank launches: own investment fund company (TFI), “m jak malarstwo” fund, and started a social campaign Digital Revolutions, which supports companies in spreading their wings in the e-commerce segment
- mBank doubles the credit limit for financing RES and allocates PLN 4 billion for that purpose
- mBank Tower on Prosta 18 Street – mBank moves address after 22 years
- mBank enables clients to open an account with a selfie, apply remotely for a mortgage loan and open remotely an account for enterprises and corporate clients
- mLeasing launches online car sales and signs contracts via Skype
- Adjustments to lending to the mining industry and coal energy industry – mBank limits coal financing and focuses on RES
- mBank provides factoring to sole proprietors. Decision to grant the limit up to PLN 50 thou. is issued in 5 minutes
- mBank is the first bank to enable purchase of life insurance through a mobile application
- mBank is a partner of the 26th Finale of the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity
- Establishment of mElements, a company specialising in innovative solutions in the field of banking API
- mBank set up the first and largest fund in the region of Central and Eastern Europe – mAccelerator, that specialises in developing and commercialising new technologies
- Selling a license for mobile and Internet services in the mBox project
- mBank’s subsidiaries – Dom Maklerski mBanku and mWealth Management were integrated within the Group’s structure
- Aspiro, a company providing financial advisory services changed its company name to mFinanse
- Launch of the long-term cooperation with AXA Group
- Migration of former Multibank and Private Banking to mBank transactional platform. Last brands integration stage under one mBank name
- Launch of cooperation with Orange – a retail mobile bank Orange Finanse is created
- mBank launches a new branch format and invests in changed branch network. Starts with a project of light branches in shopping centres
- Start of New mBank – fully modernized transactional platform
- mBank in a new, visual version
- All brands of BRE Bank Group under one, mBank sign – unification of brands and rebranding of all Group units: MultiBank, BRE Bank and BRE Private Banking under one name – mBank
- mBank, in cooperation with telco operators, introduces NFC mobile payment service in its offer
- A mobile version of transactional services for iOS and Android is launched in Multibank
- mBank’s mobile transactional platform for iOS and Android is launched
- Foreign expansion of retail operations, the first branches of mBank are set up in the Czech Republic and Slovakia
- Start of iBRE, a modern Internet banking system for companies
- Launch of Multibank, the second retail arm of BRE Bank
- Establishment of mBank – the first Internet-only bank in Poland – completed in just one hundred days
- Merger with Polski Bank Rozwoju SA – first takeover in the history of Polish capital market performed as a public call for sale
- Poland’s first Private Banking offer is launched – private banking dedicated to clients with high and stable financial capabilities, whose needs exceed norms of everyday banking services
- Debut on Warsaw Stock Exchange
- Receipt of credit line facilities from the World Bank and International Finance Corporation. BRE Bank becomes a member of the international settlement system SWIFT
- Establishment of Bank Rozwoju Eksportu. Sale of bank shares in public offering performed in 1986 was the first transaction of this type in Poland since pre-war