At mBank we are aware that our specific actions and business decisions impact on our clients, shareholders, employees and their families, local communities and the natural environment. Therefore, we want to arrive at every decision taking into account our responsibility for the environment where we operate.
mBank is a signatory of the UNEP FI Principles for Responsible Banking and the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact and thus commits to support and enact the values in the areas of human rights, labour standards, and environmental practice within our scope of influence.
Our direction is determined by Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are global sustainability targets set by the United Nations to be achieved by 2030.
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development
Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development Strategy of mBank for 2021-2025
Corporate responsibility is a guiding principle of mBank Group. Environmental, social and ethical aspects play a crucial role in the way we manage our company. We want our core business to support sustainable development. We intend to offer our clients fair and professional advice, continuously reduce our environmental footprint, be an employer of choice for our staff and add value to society.
Our ESG agenda is an integral part of the Strategy of mBank Group for 2021-2025 entitled "From an icon of mobility, to an icon of possibility".
We want to be a leader of sustainability in Poland. Therefore:
- We intend to continuously reduce our environmental footprint, support our customers' energy transformation and achieve climate neutrality in scopes 1 & 2 of greenhouse gas emissions by 2030.
- We have the ambition to become a 100% climate neutral organization (scope 3) by 2050 at the latest. We will use the Science Based Targets Initiative methods to calculate and reduce CO2 emissions related to our loan portfolio.
- We will incorporate ESG standards into all key business processes.
- We will conduct responsible sales with clear and precise communication.
- We will focus on diversity in the work environment.
- We will contribute to social welfare through further cooperation with the Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity or the activities of the mFoundation.
- We will also constantly educate on cybersecurity.
ul. Prosta 18
ul. Prosta 18