The amendments to the Regulations on Opening, Holding and Closing an Integrated Bank Account at mBank S.A. (“IBAA Regulations”) and to the Regulations on Opening, Holding and Closing Bank Accounts at mBank S.A. (“Regulations on Bank Accounts”) will enter into force on 27 December 2023.
Part I of the IBAA Regulations and of the Regulations on Bank Accounts will be amended as follows:
- we have introduced the obligation to notify the bank if you lose the concession, permit, license or consent of the competent authority to perform your business activity, or if you are removed from the regulated business register,
- we have added Rules on Payments and Collections Executed by Payment Service Providers and Their Agents on behalf of Third Parties. We have defined the procedure for how Payment Service Providers are to inform the bank about the original principal and the final beneficiary of each transaction executed through the agency of the bank.
- we have added new important reasons for the termination of a Bank Account Agreement by the bank - Article 59 (2) (2) and (9) of the IBAA Regulations and Article 58 (2) (2) and (9) of the Regulations on Bank Accounts,
- we have introduced the obligation to inform the bank of the number of employees in your company as at the end of the last financial year. This is discussed in the newly added §67 of the Regulations:
“2. In each subsequent financial year, Customers meeting the definition of a company provided in § 67 (4), and only such Customers, are obliged to submit to the Bank a statement on the number of employees in the Customer’s company as at the end of each financial year. Customers submit the statement in mBank CompanyNet (the “Change of the company’s data” application) or on the form “CUSTOMER’S STATEMENT ON THE NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES”, the template of which is available at https://www.mbank.pl/pomoc/dokumenty/msp-korporacje/obsluga-biezaca/rachunki/. Customers indicate on the form, among other things, the general number of employees (below 250 employees / at least 250 employees).
3. If a Customer referred to in § 67 (2) fails to submit the statement referred to in § 67 (2) in a given financial year, the Bank will assume that the number of employees in the Customer’s company has not changed and the data in the Bank’s possession is up to date.”
In line with the Act on the National Bank of Poland (NBP), we are obliged to use this data for the purpose of reporting to the NBP.
The uniform texts of the documents are available in the Forms and Regulations section.